Toot of the Week
him: will you at least act normal when my folks get here me: _flipping a pancake and reading it like a tarot card_ bad news — @email@example.com
- Programming is a Pop Culture (baldurbjarnason.com)
Baldur Bjarnason explains why programming has trends, just like the fashion industry.
- Holding two opposing ideas in my mind (alfredlua.substack.com)
Alfred Lua about the necessity to endure the cognitive dissonance of two conflicting ideas.
- Little Languages Are The Future Of Programming (chreke.com)
chreke about the advantages of “little languages”.
- What is a Capability? (blog.sunfishcode.online)
Dan Gohman explains WASM capabilities.
- Flux: Refinement Types for Rust (liquid-rust.github.io)
Ranjit Jhala introduces a new Rust library that adds refinements (e.g. pre-conditions or post-conditions).
- CVE-2022-41924 - RCE in Tailscale, DNS Rebinding, and You (emily.id.au)
Emily Trau used 7 issues in Tailscale to get access to a node (all of them are fixed, but you should update your Windows client).
- Always use [closed, open) intervals (fhur.me)
Fernando about the dangers of [closed, closed] intervals and why you should always use [closed, open).
- An Interactive Guide to Flexbox (joshwcomeau.com)
Josh Comeau has built a great interactive guide to CSS Flexbox.
- Dialogs, modality and popovers seem similar. How are they different? (hidde.blog)
Hidde de Vries about modality on a website, inert state and the new popover element.
Cutting Room Floor
- Mirror (bastianallgeier.com)
Bastian Allgeier about online personas and negativity on Twitter, err the Birdsite.
Get Arne's Weekly in your inbox every Sunday. No ads, no shenanigans.