Hopy your week has been good 😌
- Things your manager might not know (jvns.ca)
Julia Evans has 8 things you can do to make everyone’s job a lot easier.
- Ideal open source (nedbatchelder.com)
Ned Batchelder about open source motivation and an ideal situation.
- How to lead strategically every day (lenareinhard.com)
Fiona McVitie about what makes a good strategy and how to make it a habit.
- The Perfect Commit (simonwillison.net)
Simon Willison has some guidelines for good commits, some of them controversial.
- Generic associated types to be stable in Rust 1.65 (blog.rust-lang.org)
Jack Huey gives an introduction to GATs in Rust (finally!)
- RC Week 7: Four habits to improve as a programmer (ntietz.com)
Nicolas has four habits for programmers.
- In defense of linked lists (antirez.com)
antirez lists reasons why linked lists are useful even when they get bad rep.
Cutting Room Floor
- The Restaurant Industry’s Worst Idea (theatlantic.com)
Conor Friedersdorf about QR codes and digital menus.
- Dynamic documents as personal software (inkandswitch.com)
Geoffrey Litt, Max Schoening, Paul Shen
Get Arne's Weekly in your inbox every Sunday. No ads, no shenanigans.