Hey hey ✌🏻
Tweet of the Week
had 7 concurrent users today guess it's time for kubernetes — @roxkstar74
- 'You can't say that!': how to argue, better (theguardian.com)
Adam Grant has practical tipps that can help you argue with people in a more constructive way and see your own biases.
- Quality Is Systemic (jacobian.org)
Jacob Kaplan-Moss explains why the reason for bad software is systemic in most cases.
- Your Career Is Just One-Eighth of Your Life (theatlantic.com)
Derek Thompson has 5 points of career advice for you.
- Habits and Principles for Peak Performance and Geniune Excellence (twitter.com)
Brad Stulberg has 19 habits and principles for peak performance and genuine excellence.
- Be good-argument-driven, not data-driven (twitchard.github.io)
Richard Marmorstein about the dangers of metric-driven software development.
- An opinionated guide on how to reverse engineer software, part 1 (margin.re)
Ryan Stortz has a great guide to get started with reverse engineering.
- Vulnerability Management for Go (go.dev)
Julie Qiu introduces the Go vulnerability database.
- FLAC - Format overview (xiph.org)
An overview of the FLAC audio file format.
- Attacking Firecracker: AWS' microVM Monitor Written in Rust (graplsecurity.com)
Valentina Palmiotti about a security vulnerability in Firecracker and how they exploited it. Thanks, Mikkel!
- Learning Rust: Async Combinators (kerkour.com)
Sylvain Kerkour introduces a few Rust async combinators (to deal with a stream of values).
- How to Use Rust Traits, Generics and Bounds (rsdlt.github.io)
Rodrigo Santiago refactors their old Rust code to use Traits & Generics and shows the difference it makes.
Cutting Room Floor
- Your attention span is being robbed! (unstructed.tech)
Mihailo Joksimovic about the modern slot machines that are social media and ways to break out.
- Europe Is Sacrificing Its Ancient Forests for Energy (nytimes.com)
Sarah Hurtes and Weiyi Cai about the practice of burning wood as “renewable energy” and why it has to stop. Thanks, Mum!
- What does it mean to be smart? (seths.blog)
Seth Godin about alleged smartness in computers.
- Ethanol-Mediated Novel Survival Strategy against Drought Stress in Plants (academic.oup.com)
A paper from over 30 scientists about the positive effects of ethanol for plants that don’t get enough water. Thanks, Mum!
Get Arne's Weekly in your inbox every Sunday. No ads, no shenanigans.