Hey hey, how’s it going? 🙌🏻
- Why are you so busy? (tomlingham.com)
Tom Lingham explains what to do when you’re too busy.
- Do we need an office? (zhuk.fi)
Nikita Zhuk about remote work and how to make it good.
- What distinguishes great software engineers? (pdf) (faculty.washington.edu)
Paul Luo Li, Amy J. Ko and Andrew Begel surveyed hundreds of software developers
- How and why stable diffusion works for text to image generation (paepper.com)
Marc Päpper explains how stable diffusion works.
- 1 week of Stable Diffusion (multimodal.art)
A nice timeline of the week after the release of stable diffusion.
- DIY out of band management: remote console server (michael.stapelberg.ch)
Michael Stapelberg built a remote console server for his home router using a separate internet connection.
- Learning Rust: Combinators (kerkour.com)
Sylvain Kerkour about different combinators in Rust and how to use them.
- Arti 1.0.0 is released: Our Rust Tor implementation is ready for production use. (blog.torproject.org)
nickm describes the process of writing a Tor client in Rust.
- Rewriting my blog in Rust for fun and profit (jonashietala.se)
Jonas Hietala rewrote their blog in Rust and describes the process and how it improved.
Cutting Room Floor
- I was on TikTok for 30 days: it is manipulative, addictive, and harmful to privacy (scribe.rip)
Luiza Jarovsky about the “epitome of the unregulated attention economy”.
Get Arne's Weekly in your inbox every Sunday. No ads, no shenanigans.