Hey everyone, hope you enjoy this weeks curation ✌🏻
Tweet of the Week
Human: we have a color named after you! Salmon: really? is it silvery blue like my outsides? Human: no, uh– Salmon: wait why is it pink? Human: ... Salmon: WHY IS IT PINK — @mondaypunday
- João Alves on Twitter (twitter.com)
João Alves has ten points that define above-average managers.
- Wi-Fine (wifine.gitlab.io)
Eloy Degen explains why using Public Wi-Fi networks is (mostly) fine.
- How I Used DALL·E 2 to Generate The Logo for OctoSQL (jacobmartins.com)
Jacob Martin used the AI image generator DALL•E 2 to create a logo, very interesting journey.
mnl explains why they still love PHP and legacy codebases.
- Lattice-based Cryptography 🧮 (unzip.dev)
Agam about new encryption algorithms that can withstand attacks from quantum computers.
- Use One Big Server (specbranch.com)
Nima Badizadegan about the benefits and drawbacks of using one big server instead of the cloud.
- An app can be a home-cooked meal (robinsloan.com)
Robin Sloan about BoopSnop, a home-made app, built for four people without ads or tracking or feature creep.
- Matt Mueller: Building Modern Web Applications Faster With Bud (goingwithgo.com)
Preslav Rachev Interviews Matt Mueller on their new web framework, Bud.
- Cut the cutesy errors (alexwlchan.net)
Alex Chan explains why you shouldn’t use cute error messages.
- Cramming 'Papers, Please' Onto Phones (dukope.com)
Lucas Pope about the rewrite of PAPERS, PLEASE for mobile platforms.
Cutting Room Floor
- The world is ablaze and the oil industry just posted record profits. It’s us or them (theguardian.com)
Hamilton Nolan des describes how the oil industry won’t go away by itself,
Get Arne's Weekly in your inbox every Sunday. No ads, no shenanigans.