Hey hey, how’s it going? ✌🏻
Tweet of the Week
Why would I pay GitHub $100/year for an AI to tell me what code to write when men do it for free? — @captainsafia on Twitter
- DORA Metrics: the Right Answer to measuring engineering team performance (jacobian.org)
Jacob Kaplan-Moss about “the right way” to measure a team’s performance.
- Companies Using RFCs or Design Docs and Examples of These (blog.pragmaticengineer.com)
Gergely Orosz shares a lot of different ways to write RFCs, including templates!
- Remote development with Rust on fly.io (fasterthanli.me)
Amos describes how he build a ridiculously over-engineered remote dev environment on fly.io.
- Start all of your commands with a comma (rhodesmill.org)
Brandon Rhodes shares one trick to deal with namespace collision for custom scripts: Prefix them with a comma.
- Nine Rules for Elegant Rust Library APIs (towardsdatascience.com)
Carl M. Kadie shares 9 great tips for writing Rust libraries.
- What is `Box<str>` and how is it different from `String` in Rust? (mahdi.blog)
Mahdi Dibaiee explains how different types are stored on the stack or heap in Rust.
- Making Code Faster (tbray.org)
Tim Bray about benchmarking and profiling best practices in Go.
Cutting Room Floor
- The Personal Brand Is Dead (theatlantic.com)
Kaitlyn Tiffany explains why Gen Z would rather be anonymous online.
- My 40-liter backpack travel guide (vitalik.ca)
Vitalik Buterin lists all the things they have in their 40-liter backpack.
- writing one sentence per line (sive.rs)
Derek Sivers explains the advantages of writing one sentence per line.
- Reasons to Tour By Bicycle (kk.org)
Kevin Kelly has a list of benefits for bike tours (in America).
- Why Does a Hard Workout Make You Less Hungry? (nytimes.com)
Gretchen Reynolds about the discovery of a new molecule that defines the appetite after a workout.
- Prestige Writing (randsinrepose.com)
Michael Lopp about good storytelling and why it is simile to magic.
Get Arne's Weekly in your inbox every Sunday. No ads, no shenanigans.