Hey everyone, hope you week has been good! Enjoy this weeks curation ✌🏻
Tweet of the Week
oh you're a designer? name one layer — @darylginn on Twitter
- Not My Job (blog.dbsmasher.com)
Silvia Botros about the important difference of “filling the gap” and “being glue” as a senior+ engineer.
- Learnings from 5 years of tech startup code audits (kenkantzer.com)
Ken Kantzer shares insights from over 20 audits he did at software companies.
- Building Faster (ellenchisa.substack.com)
Ellen Chisa shares 8 things engineers can do in early-stage startups to increase velocity.
- We Already Have Go 2 (xeiaso.net)
Xe talks about the biggest changes that happened in Go and argues todays Go (1.18) could very well be Go 2.
- brickbots/framedeck (github.com)
Richard built a custom Cyberdeck based on the Framework mainboard.
Cutting Room Floor
- The Day I Became Friends with a Robot (tristrumtuttle.medium.com)
Tristrum Tuttle made an AI write a story about AI and then used an AI to illustrate it.
- Laurence Tratt: Using a "Proper" Camera as a Webcam (tratt.net)
Laurence Tratt writes a create guide on what to look out for when using a real camera as a webcam.
- Ten tips for Time Lords (bitfieldconsulting.com)
John Arundel shares some great time management tips. I’m going to start setting up deep work slots next week.
- What Bullets Do To Bodies (2017) (highline.huffingtonpost.com)
Jason Fagone follows Dr. Amy Goldberg in of a trauma unit in a hospital in North Philadelphia to talk about gunshot victims and what it takes to reduce them (you already know it).
Get Arne's Weekly in your inbox every Sunday. No ads, no shenanigans.