Tweet of the Week
"It's only a pointer if it's from the Provenance region of RAM, otherwise it's just a sparkling usize." — @impraxical on Twitter
- The transmogrifying power of reflection (cenizal.com)
CJ Cenizal about the powers of self-reflection.
- Having Career Conversations (softwareonthebrain.com)
Joe Lynch about career conversations and how to build trust.
- An O(1) Generic Blog Post About Rust (peterkos.me)
Peter Kos about const generics in Rust, with a bit of background on implementation history.
- Building a static site generator in 100 lines of Rust (kerkour.com)
Sylvain Kerkour built a SSG in 100 lines of Rust and explains how.
- Creating an Easy Mode for Rust (tim.mcnamara.nz)
Tim McNamara has a few suggestions for flattening the Rust learning curve.
- Rust is hard, yes, but does it matter? (jmmv.dev)
Julio Merino argues that in a typical software project using Rust isn’t really harder than other languages.
- Moving a macOS window by clicking anywhere on it (like on Linux) (mmazzarolo.com)
Matteo shares a neat trick to improve the ability to move windows on macOS.
- Changing Tires at 100mph: A Guide to Zero Downtime Migrations (kiranrao.ca)
Kiran Rao shares a great guide to zero-downtime migrations.
- I won free load testing (fasterthanli.me)
Amos describes the experience and countermeasure of the recent DDOS attacks on his website.
Cutting Room Floor
- 'We Can Only Be Enemies' (theatlantic.com)
Peter Pomerantsev about the bizarre story of a Ukrainian family living with Russian soldiers talking about their views and values.
- Hot Banana (what-if.xkcd.com)
Randall Munroe about radioactive bananas and how many it’d take to power a house.
- Mechanical Watch (ciechanow.ski)
If you ever wondered how a mechanical watch works, Bartosz Ciechanowski has yet another interactive blog post that‘s got you covered.
- making friends on the internet (jon.bo)
Jonathan Borichevskiy explains how to make friends on the internet.
Get Arne's Weekly in your inbox every Sunday. No ads, no shenanigans.