Hey, hope you’re okay.
Tweet of the Week
why rebase when you can just throw your computer out the window — @NayaJaczorowski on Twitter
- Support open source that you use by paying the maintainers to talk to your team (simonwillison.net)
Simon Willison has found a great way to pay open source maintainers if regular sponsorship doesn’t work.
- I have no capslock and I must scream (memex.marginalia.nu)
This short-story of reducing a product to the point where it’s unusable reads almost as a poem.
- A career ending mistake (bitfieldconsulting.com)
John Arundel about the importance of planning your career, and different paths (in tech).
- Nix Flakes: an Introduction (christine.website)
Xe Iaso has written a great introduction to Nix Flakes.
- Retrofitting Async/Await in Go 1.18 (csgrinding.xyz)
Bob Fang explores how async/await could look like in Go 1.18 and why it can improve ergonomics.
- How Bitwarden encrypts your data (huy.rocks)
Huy describes how Bitwarden encryption works and why you don’t have to re-encrypt items when you change the main password.
Cutting Room Floor
- There Is Nothing Dumber Than War (designmom.substack.com)
Gabrielle Stanley Blair about the “unprovoked, unnecessary, and unreasonable” attack on Ukraine and why you should be furious about it.
- My Smart Home 2021 (jorisroovers.com)
Joris Roovers describes their Home Assistant setup and the changes they made recently.
- Be anonymous (kg.dev)
Kash shares some thoughts about different levels of anonymity.
- Find You: Building a stealth AirTag clone (positive.security)
Fabian Bräunlein shows ways to circumvent Apples security measures to prevent tracking other people using an AirTag.
Get Arne's Weekly in your inbox every Sunday. No ads, no shenanigans.