Hey hey, how was your week?
Toot of the Week
Going to sit on the doorstep of ICANN and meow until they give us .uwu — @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask Questions, Repeat The Hard Parts, and Listen (randsinrepose.com)
Michael Lopp shares their framework of decision making.
- Hitchhiker's Guide To Moving From Relational Data To Events (event-driven.io)
Oskar Dudycz gives advice how to move from a relational model to events.
- Extreme dogfooding (archiloque.net)
Julien Kirch about extreme dogfooding, when you not only use the software you write, but you use it to write itself.
- The hidden depths of the input element (htmhell.dev)
Phil Nash explains everything you can do with an HTML
Large Language Models
- The birth & death of search engine optimization (xeiaso.net)
Xe Iaso about the impact of AI on search engines and the internet in general.
- The AI trust crisis (simonwillison.net)
Simon Willison about the opaque methods of training large language models with (customer) data and why many people don’t trust hosted solutions.
Cutting Room Floor
- “If buying isn’t owning, piracy isn’t stealing” (pluralistic.net)
Cory Doctorow about the issue of DRM and buying something you don’t truly own.
- walk and talk (sive.rs)
Derek Sivers explains a format where 10 people walk together for 7 days and discuss interesting topics.
- Sudden loss of domain (b.tuxes.uk)
The author of this post lost their domain with a seven day notice.
Get Arne's Weekly in your inbox every Sunday. No ads, no shenanigans.