Hey hey, hope you enjoy this week’s curation!
Toot of the Week
Maybe the real treasure is the microplastics we ingested along the way... — @firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is the most powerful word in the world. (anthonyvicino.com)
Anthony Vicino explains why the way you think about yourself affects your future.
- My rude-ass car (neverbeclever.org)
The author hilariously demonstrates the sometimes annoying features of a 2023 car.
- Why You Should Write Your Own Static Site Generator (arne.me)
I wrote my own static site generator and describe why and how.
- How Bear does analytics with CSS (herman.bearblog.dev)
- A day with Zig (pierrebeaucamp.com)
Pierre Beaucamp shares their experience going from Go to Zig.
- I Accidentally Saved Half A Million Dollars (ludic.mataroa.blog)
Ludicity saved their company half a million dollars by clicking a button that should’ve had been clicked years ago.
Cutting Room Floor
- Why Norway — the poster child for electric cars — is having second thoughts (vox.com)
David Zipper explains how EV adoption hindered more environmentally friendly technologies like bikes and public transport.
- Tech doesn’t make our lives easier. It makes them faster (brettscott.substack.com)
Brett Scott explains how new technology like cars a few decades ago and now LLMs don’t make our lifes easier, even if that’s how they’re sold.
- The Other Side of Money: On the Stories We Tell about Wealth, Poverty, and Inequality (lithub.com)
Bette Adriaanse tells an inspiring story, going from poor to becoming a landlord and about the importance of community.
Get Arne's Weekly in your inbox every Sunday. No ads, no shenanigans.