Toot of the Week
hunters that use mating calls as bait r the worst at least food bait gives u food — @email@example.com
- Random Thoughts 15 years into Software Engineering (roughlywritten.substack.com)
Ryan O’Neill has 15 pieces of advice for software engineers.
- Why is nobody excited about these "yesterday"/"2 days ago"/"a week ago" labels? (grumpy.website)
Nikita Prokopov argues one shouldn’t use relative time labels unless they make sense in the way humans think.
- The Negative Impact of Mobile-First Web Design on Desktop (nngroup.com)
Kim Salazar, Tim Neusesser and Nishi Chitale about content dispersion and the downsides of mobile-fist design.
- Fully Automated Releases for Rust Projects (blog.orhun.dev)
Orhun Parmaksız mixes five powerful Rust automation tools to build what some may call “the toxic brew that might poison one due to over-automation.”
Cutting Room Floor
- You’re not lacking creativity, you’re overwhelmed (newsletter.thejorgemedina.com)
Jorge Medina writes about decision fatigue for online content and presents a mitigation: Curated to create.
- University of Chicago researchers seek to “poison” AI art generators with Nightshade (arstechnica.com)
Benj Edwards about a new technology that creates images that look correct to humans but confuse “AI”.
Get Arne's Weekly in your inbox every Sunday. No ads, no shenanigans.