Hey, hope you find something nice to read this week 🤗
Toot of the Week
getting fired from apple for printing out little pieces of paper that say ".DS_Store" and leaving them everywhere — @firstname.lastname@example.org
- Push and Pull (kellanem.com)
Kellan Elliott-McCrea about the meaning and importance of push and pull in engineering processes.
- How we manage 200+ open-source repos (turbot.com)
This blog post contains seven lessons for managing open-source software.
- How to communicate like a GitHub engineer: our principles, practices, and tools (github.blog)
Ben Balter and Allison Matlack about async communication practices at GitHub.
Cutting Room Floor
- Creativity faucet: Increase your creativity (julian.com)
Julian Shapiro about what they call the creativity faucet; you almost always start with a bad idea and the trick is to keep trying.
- Mirage at Apple Park (arun.is)
Arun about the newest addition to the Apple Campus: An art installation called “Mirage”. Thanks, Jan!
- We're all lurkers now (embedded.substack.com)
Kate Lindsay about the current state of social media: Everyone’s either shouting into the void or lurking.
Get Arne's Weekly in your inbox every Sunday. No ads, no shenanigans.