Hey hey, how was your week? ✌🏻
- Beware the Metagame (amasad.me)
Amjad Masad about the danger of getting sucked into playing the meta game (i.e. giving talks or writing opinion pieces) and doing less and less base work.
- The Worst Programmer I Know (dannorth.net)
Dan North about the type of developer who doesn’t complete any issues but instead helps everyone else accomplish theirs faster and better.
- Async Rust Is A Bad Language (bitbashing.io)
Matt Kline talks about some of the pains of async Rust.
Cutting Room Floor
- Style is consistent constraint (stephango.com)
Steph Ango about the value of constraint in everyday life. Thanks, Jan!
- So You Want To Abolish Time Zones (qntm.org)
qntm plays the scenario of trying to figure out if it’s a good time to call uncle Steve if we didn’t have timezones.
- The founder of Teenage Engineering opens up to his creative space (scandinavianmind.com)
Ilenia Martini interviews Jesper Kouthoofd, the founder of Teenage Engineering.
- It’s Official: Cars Are Terrible at Privacy and Security (foundation.mozilla.org)
Jen Caltrider, Misha Rykov and Zoë MacDonald have tested cars on privacy and security and the results are daunting.
Get Arne's Weekly in your inbox every Sunday. No ads, no shenanigans.