Hey hey, how was your week? 😌
Toot of the Week
"Shitposting" is an anagram of "Top Insights" — @firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to sabotage your salary negotiation efforts before you even start (interviewing.io)
Aline Lerner showcases two mistakes for salary negotiation and how to avoid them.
- The four types of software in the future (proofofconcept.pub)
David Hoang introduces four classifications of software in the future: Commercial, Boutique, Personal, and Disposable.
- Why you should consider Rust for your Lambdas (loige.co)
Luciano Mammino explains why Rust is a great fit for AWS Lambda.
- Why Tailwind CSS Won (matt-rickard.com)
Matt Rickard lists four reasons why Tailwind is so popular.
- No one actually wants simplicity (lukeplant.me.uk)
Luke Plant explains why if you won’t sacrifice anything for simplicity, you don’t care about it.
Cutting Room Floor
- Ask vs guess culture (jeanhsu.substack.com)
Jean Hsu explains two different approaches to asking for something and how they sometimes clash.
- We’re All Just Temporarily Abled (blog.jim-nielsen.com)
Jim Nielsen explains how 100% of people will have some form of disability in their lifetime.
- How a startup looses its spark (blog.johnqian.com)
John Qian explains what makes a startup intoxicating and how these qualities are eroded with more employees. Thanks, Lukas!
- E-ink is so Retropunk (rmkit.dev)
This article is a love letter to open e-ink devices like the reMarkable or Kobo.
Get Arne's Weekly in your inbox every Sunday. No ads, no shenanigans.