Hi hi, how’s it going? 🏻
Toot of the Week
Remember that technology is a tool. Use it to help yourself. — @email@example.com
- The Most Powerful Law in Software (registerspill.thorstenball.com)
Thorsten Ball explains the effects of Conway‘s Law and how you can use it to your advantage.
- At this company, we are family (pboyd.io)
Paul Boyd writes an exit letter as if the company actually was a family.
- In Defense of Strategy (notboring.co)
Packy McCormick on what makes a good strategy and why every startup should have one:
- The single most important factor that differentiates front-end frameworks (themer.dev)
This article showcases how change detection works in different modern front-end frameworks.
- Why the “Null” Lifetime Does Not Exist (sabrinajewson.org)
Sabrina Jewson about self-referential types in Rust and why there‘s always a shorter lifetime.
- Building and operating a pretty big storage system called S3 (allthingsdistributed.com)
Werner Vogel about the origins of Amazon S3.
Cutting Room Floor
- Why Doctors Hate Their Computers (newyorker.com)
Atul Gawande about the changing relationship of doctors nd their computers.
Get Arne's Weekly in your inbox every Sunday. No ads, no shenanigans.