Hey hey, how was your week? ✌🏻
Toot of the Week
No todo lists, only chips. — @email@example.com
Apple Vision Pro
- On Jackpot Technologies, or, what Apple's new headset is actually *for* (davekarpf.substack.com)
Dave Karpf argues the Vision Pro is going to gain value in the future where you might not be able to go outside (due to wildfires or other events induced by the climate-crisis).
- Apple Vision (stratechery.com)
Ben Thompson shares their thoughts on the new Apple Vision headset.
- Anything can be a message queue if you use it wrongly enough (xeiaso.net)
Xe Iaso build a Managed NAT Gateway at home using S3.
- Animated Pride Flags (joshwcomeau.com)
Josh Comeau explains how to animate a pride flag using HTML, CSS & React.
- WebKit Features in Safari 17 beta (webkit.org)
This blog post summarises all new WebKit feature for Safari 17.
- Understanding GPT tokenizers (simonwillison.net)
Simon Willison explains how tokenisers in LLMs work.
Cutting Room Floor
- Every self-help book ever, boiled down to 11 simple rules (2020) (mashable.com)
Chris Taylor tries to distill the essence of hundred of self-help books into eleven rules.
- The platforms give up on 2020 lies (platformer.news)
Casey Newton explains the course of action most social networks took to fight desinformation: Give up.
- List one task, do it, cross it out (oliverburkeman.com)
Oliver Burkeman about the calmness of knowing exactly what needs doing.
Get Arne's Weekly in your inbox every Sunday. No ads, no shenanigans.