Hey, how was your week? ✌🏻
Tweet of the Week
me: what do you know about atoms? friend: very little me: besides that — @Browtweaten
- Making operational work more visible (github.com)
Lorin Hochstein about the “you build it, you run it” method at Netflix and how to make operational work more visible using meetings and pair programming.
- Imposter Syndrome (blog.rust-lang.org)
Jane Lusby about imposter syndrome, especially in the Rust project.
- 11 Promises from a Manager (linkedin.com)
Matthew Rechs shares a list of promises as a manager. Thanks Jan & Lukas
- Shawn Wang / swyx (infraeng.dev)
Will Larson interviews Shawn Wang about developer experience and the overlap with infrastructure.
- The Front-End Developer's Guide to the Terminal (joshwcomeau.com)
Josh Comeau has written a guide to the terminal, aimed at frontend developers that have no experience with it.
- Go Developer Survey 2021 Results - The Go Programming Language (go.dev)
Alice Merrick shares the results of the 2021 Go Developer Survey — always interesting to get these insights.
- Rust traits and dependency injection (jmmv.dev)
Julio Merino about different approaches to dependency injection in Rust.
Cutting Room Floor
- Generation C (seths.blog)
Seth Godin has a proposal for naming the next generation.
- Internet ‘algospeak’ is changing our language in real time, from ‘nip nops’ to ‘le dollar bean’ (washingtonpost.com)
Taylor Lorenz about algospeak and filter algorithms in social networks that change the human language.
- I'm a security engineer and I still almost got scammed (robertheaton.com)
Robert Heaton almost got scammed and shares the tactics that were applied in the scam.
- Tips for Reading the Room Before a Meeting or Presentation (hbr.org)
Rebecca Knight shares some tipps how to read a room, including do’s and don’ts.
- My upgrade to 25 Gbit/s Fiber To The Home (michael.stapelberg.ch)
Michael Stapelberg about his super fast 25 Gbit/a connection and what it took to make it work.
Get Arne's Weekly in your inbox every Sunday. No ads, no shenanigans.